Sheree's Rouladen. .
These are delicious beef recipes that anyone will certainly enjoy should they like meats at all. You can appreciate serving these wonderful food to any dinner friends and surprising your granparents with a real handle.
That is really an effortless quick recipe for Sheree's Rouladen come already cooked, therefore this recipe involves simply heating it through. Avoid over-cook it or it will eventually lose its juicy benefits. You can have Sheree's Rouladen using 15 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Sheree's Rouladen
- Prepare 1 of **** this was inspired by '$10 meals' from the FOOD NETWORK.
- It’s 6 slice of thick bacon.
- You need 4 cup of cabbage (red and green).
- Prepare 1 large of onion, divided.
- You need 1 of **** salt, pepper,,& garlic powder.
- It’s 6 of button mushrooms.
- It’s 2 lb of round steak or flat iron steak.
- It’s 2 tbsp of Dijon type mustard.
- Prepare 2 clove of fresh minced garlic.
- You need 2 stick of celery, course chop.
- It’s 2 tbsp of dill pickle relish.
- It’s 2 of carrots, course chop.
- It’s 1 of *** 1/4 cup red wine.
- Prepare 1 can of diced tomatoes (10 1/2 oz can).
- It’s 1 tbsp of white sugar.
Sheree's Rouladen step by step
- VERY GOOD!!! but it is time consuming so this is a perfect special occasion meal. Maybe an anniversary or birthday… Maybe an impressive dinner party such as in-laws, business, friends etc….
- Fry bacon until crisp … drain on paper towel. set aside..
- cook cabbage in bacon drippings. when cabbage is wilted add garlic and onion. 1/2 tsp salt and 1/4 black pepper. take skillet off flame to cool. place mixture in bowl for assembly..
- DO NOT CLEAN SKILLET..
- use hand to crumble bacon… put in cabbage mixture. add dill pickle relish and mix everything well..
- cut steak into 4 pieces. pound steak with a mallet. place plastic wrap over the steak. flip it over and pound the other side. use a paint brush and put a very thin layer of Dijon mustard on the upside of the steak. put about a palm size amount of the cabbage mixture..
- starting at the small end of the steak, roll the steak tightly around the cabbage mixture. tie the meat bundles with cooking twine..
- put a splash of oil in the pan where cabbage was cooked. fry the meat bundles until they are browned on the outside. take them out of the skillet once brown..
- add carrots, celery, and onions..
- stir veggies to semi soft. deglaze skillet by adding 1/4 cup red wine and when hot again add canned tomatoes. add sugar to cut through the tart/ acidic taste..
- place meat bundles back in sauce and look cook for 45 minutes..
- taste sauce to see if it needs s&p.
- steak should be very tender..
Once you cook this Sheree's Rouladen, you’ll go to realize (if you no longer already) that you avoid need a lot associated with hard-to-find ingredients to help make a recipe taste very good. Professional chefs sometimes help make it seem so, yet that’s really not typically the case. I’ve found several recipes that are scrumptious and use a very few simple ingredients.
You are able to serve this Sheree's Rouladen with a variety of other vegetables, this kind of as potatoes, rice plus a salad or environmentally friendly beans for a complete meal.