Home fried catfish steaks (bone in). Great recipe for Home fried catfish steaks (bone in). I love and grew up eating catfish every Friday. Growing up in Chicago, we always had catfish steaks..
These are delicious meal recipes that anyone will certainly enjoy whenever they like beef at all. You are going to delight in serving these wonderful food to any dinner friends and surprising your granparents with a real handle.
Catfish is versatile and can be cooked in a number of ways, but for a traditional Southern recipe, it should be fried. Most of the farm-raised catfish in the United States comes from Arkansas, Alabama, Louisiana, and Mississippi. And although it can be prepared in a variety of ways including grilled.
That is really an simple quick recipe for Home fried catfish steaks (bone in) come already cooked, thus this recipe involves simply heating it through. No longer over-cook it or it will eventually lose its juicy amazing benefits. You can cook Home fried catfish steaks (bone in) using 12 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Home fried catfish steaks (bone in)
- Prepare 1 cup of flour.
- You need 2 cups of yellow corn meal.
- It’s of sazon seasoning packet (2).
- Prepare 2 of table spoon paprika.
- It’s 2 tablespoon of black pepper.
- It’s 2 tablespoon of salt.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of cayenne pepper.
- It’s 2 tablespoon of garlic powder.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of onion powder.
- You need of vegetable oil.
- You need 1 of whole catfish chopped into steaks or 4 fillets.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of lemon zest or lemon pepper.
Fried catfish is a Southern tradition, along with buttermilk hush puppies and buttermilk coleslaw. I personally hate fish of any kind but my boyfriend is a huge fried catfish fan. He said it was the best fried catfish he has ever had! Pancake mix and carbonated water are the surprising secrets to Serve with coleslaw or sweet potato fries, and get ready for smiles. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen.
Home fried catfish steaks (bone in) step by step
- Wash fish very well, dry and prep to season.
- Mix all seasonings together except lemon pepper. Heavily and evenly sprinkle seasonging over fish steak too and bottom.
- Warm vegetable oil to about 355°. If you do not have a thermometer sprinkle a little cornmeal in the oil to do a test. Should not be popping but lightly bubble..
- Place on packet of sazon into cornmeal and flour mixture for seasoning..
- Place a couple steak into the breading and into the grease. Should not be popping but bubbly..
- Cool for about 12-16 min flipping two or three times so breading stays golden brown and doesn't brown..
- Allow drained grease on a paper towel and enjoy!.
- Don't forget the hot sauce and be careful catfish has lots of small bones..
In another shallow bowl, combine the pancake mix, seasoned salt and pepper. As one enters the brown wooden door, the aroma is of world-class Texas barbeque, scrumptious chicken fried steak and spicy blackened catfish. Home recipes > Courses > main dish > Pan-fried T-Bone Steak. Preheat a large cast iron skillet over medium heat. Lightly brush the steak all over with oil and season generously with salt Cut the tenderloin and strip from the bone, and slice against the grain.
Once you cook this Home fried catfish steaks (bone in), you’ll arrive at realize (if you avoid already) that you no longer need a lot involving hard-to-find ingredients to create a recipe taste very good. Professional chefs sometimes help to make it seem so, yet that’s really not the particular case. I’ve found numerous recipes that are scrumptious and use a several simple ingredients.
You may serve this Home fried catfish steaks (bone in) with a new selection of other vegetables, this kind of as potatoes, rice and a salad or green beans for a complete meal.