Simply Southern Smothered Cube Steak. She made the BEST smothered steak. Reconnecting when I was adult, she cooked her infamous dish from memory, but I watched and recreated to paper. Growing up in the South, we had a neighbor that I adored, Cris Juneau, French Louisianian from New Orleans' way..
These are delicious meat recipes that anyone can enjoy should they like beef at all. You can delight in serving these wonderful food to any dinner friends and surprising your granparents with a real take care of.
The secret to fork tender Oven Baked Smothered Cube Steak is to cook it slow on low. Hello Everyone, Thanks for taking the time to watch my video. This was a simple and delicious cook, anyone can do it and man is it good.
That is really an quick quick recipe for Simply Southern Smothered Cube Steak come already cooked, thus this recipe involves simply heating it through. May over-cook it or it will eventually lose its juicy amazing benefits. You can cook Simply Southern Smothered Cube Steak using 10 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Simply Southern Smothered Cube Steak
- You need 1 Pound of Tenderized Cube Steak.
- You need 1 Cup of Ap Flour + 3 Tablespoons Reserved.
- You need of Garlic Salt.
- You need 1 Tablespoon of Seasoning Salt.
- You need 1 Teaspoon of Cracked Black Pepper.
- You need 3 Tablespoons of Vegetable Oil + Extra Oil for Frying.
- Prepare 1 of Large Onion Sliced.
- Prepare 2 Cloves of Garlic Minced.
- Prepare 2 of Beef Bouillon Cubes.
- Prepare 2 Cups of Water.
Cube steaks or tenderized round steak in a nicely seasoned Creole sauce of tomatoes, onions and peppers with rosemary and thyme – and a secret ingredient! Smothered Steak is round or cube steak covered in onions and a rich brown gravy. Smothered steak reminds me of living in the New Orleans area. The smell of the bell pepper, onions, and garlic penetrate throughout the Do not simply season and flour the steak and toss it in the slow cooker.
Simply Southern Smothered Cube Steak instructions
- Mix together ap flour, seasoning salt, and pepper. Lightly season both sides of steak with garlic salt and pepper. Dredge cube steaks in flour mixture and set aside. Reserve 3 tablespoons of the ap flour mixture..
- Heat up enough oil to cover the bottom of your trying pan over medium high heat. Add cube steaks and brown both sides. Approximately 5 minutes both sides..
- Remove steaks, and add onion slices to lightly caramelize, approximately 7-10 minutes. Add Minced Garlic during the last minute. Remove onion slices from pan and set aside. This step is completely optional..
- Add your 3 tablespoons of flour and oil to the hot pan. Stirring constantly until well mixed and slightly brown. Next add your water, bouillon cubes, steaks, and onions to the pan. Bring to a low simmer. Taste to adjust salt and pepper if necessary. Cover and let simmer for 30-40 minutes, or until steaks are very tender. Note: I like to mix the bouillon cubes and water together beforehand. You can easily substitute beef stock as well..
- Serve with mashed potatoes makes an excellent comforting meal. Enjoy.
Southern steak and milk gravy- tender steak smothered in creamy and flavorful milk gravy, proof that simple food is often times the best! My mother says the first time she remembered having cubed steak and milk gravy was when she was just a little girl. Cube steak or cubed steak is a cut of beef, usually top round or top sirloin, tenderized and flattened by pounding with a meat tenderizer. The name refers to the shape of the indentations left by that process. Cubed steaks are coated in flour and pan-fried.
When you cook this Simply Southern Smothered Cube Steak, you’ll go to realize (if you no longer already) that you may need a lot involving hard-to-find ingredients to help to make a recipe taste very good. Professional chefs sometimes help make it seem so, nevertheless that’s really not the particular case. I’ve found numerous recipes that are tasty and use a very few simple ingredients.
You may serve this Simply Southern Smothered Cube Steak with a variety of other vegetables, such as potatoes, rice and a salad or environmentally friendly beans for a total meal.