Swiss Steak. The "Swiss" in Swiss Steak has nothing to do with Switzerland, but refers to the process of tenderizing a tough cut of meat. The recipe below is my mother's method for making Swiss Steak. Swiss steak is a dish of meat, usually beef, that is swissed by rolling or pounding before being braised in a cooking pot of stewed vegetables and seasonings..
These are delicious beef recipes that anyone may enjoy should they like meats at all. You can appreciate serving these wonderful food to any dinner visitors and surprising your granparents with a real take care of.
A Salisbury steak is made with ground beef and shaped into a patty while Swiss steak is actually steak! Remove the steaks to a plate and repeat until all of the steaks have been browned. Mom was always glad to prepare this tender, flavorful dish for a birthday dinner when one of my three brothers or I'd ask her for it.
This is really an quick quick recipe for Swiss Steak come already cooked, and so this recipe involves only heating it through. May over-cook it or it will eventually lose its juicy amazing benefits. You can cook Swiss Steak using 15 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Swiss Steak
- It’s 2-3 lbs of round steak cut into 6 to 8 pieces and season with >.
- It’s of Salt, pepper, garlic powder and dry mustard and coat in flour.
- It’s 1 of green bell pepper sliced and halved.
- Prepare 1 of yellow bell pepper sliced and halved.
- You need 1 of large onion sliced and halved.
- You need 2 clove of garlic minced.
- You need 1 can (15 oz) of Petite diced tomatoes not drained.
- You need 1 can (24 oz) of hunts traditional pasta sauce.
- You need 1/2 cup of water.
- It’s 1 Tablespoon of better than bouillon beef base.
- You need 1 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of pepper.
- Prepare 1 tsp of parsley.
- Prepare 2 tsp of sugar.
- You need 1 Tablespoon of wostershire sauce.
The celery, onion and mushrooms make it extra special. Swiss Steak – a hearty and easy family dinner with flour-coated and browned round steak slowly cooked in a rich tomato gravy, bell peppers, onions and seasonings. Swiss Steak. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. This simple Swiss steak recipe is a classic, old-fashioned comfort food that's versatile.
Swiss Steak instructions
- Lightly brown seasoned and floured steaks in a skillet with a little oil don't fully cook them.
- Place in a slow cooker and top with onions and peppers.
- Mix tomatoes, sauce, garlic, water, salt, pepper, bouillon, sugar, Wostershire and parsley.
- Pour on top and cover and cook on low for 8 hours.
The steaks are browned and then slowly baked with tomatoes. This tender braised steak is one for the books. Old fashioned Swiss Steak with tomatoes cooked in the oven. Make this classic recipe with cubed steak that's slowly simmered until fork tender. One request was for Swiss Steak.
When you cook this Swiss Steak, you’ll go to realize (if you no longer already) that you may need a lot involving hard-to-find ingredients to help make a recipe taste very good. Professional chefs sometimes create it seem so, yet that’s really not the particular case. I’ve found a lot of recipes that are delightful and use a several simple ingredients.
You can serve this Swiss Steak with a new selection of other vegetables, such as potatoes, rice and a salad or environmentally friendly beans for a total meal.