Hey everyone, hope you are having an incredible day today. Today, I will show you a way to make a special dish, chettinad pepper chicken curry. It is one of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I’m gonna make it a little bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
Chettinad pepper chicken curry is one of the most well liked of current trending foods on earth. It is appreciated by millions daily. It’s easy, it is quick, it tastes delicious. Chettinad pepper chicken curry is something which I have loved my entire life. They’re nice and they look fantastic.
Indian food is not all about murgh makhani and chicken tikka masala, this recipe is very different and one of my favourite dishes to cook and eat. It comes from the south east tip of India and it is a chicken curry named after a region called Chettinad. Chettinad Pepper Chicken (Koli Milagu Masala) This spicy south Indian chicken recipe is flavored with a host of spices, including: fennel seeds, curry leaves, and urad dal (skinned split black.
To get started with this particular recipe, we have to prepare a few components. You can have chettinad pepper chicken curry using 19 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Chettinad pepper chicken curry:
- Prepare 1/2 kg Chicken (Boned and cleaned)
- Prepare 2 tbsp Oil
- Make ready 3 Cloves
- Prepare 2 Cinnamon stick broken
- Get 2 Cardamom
- Prepare 1 tsp Cumin seeds
- Prepare 1 Spring Curry leaves
- Get 1/2 tsp Mustard seeds
- Take 1 Large Onion chopped
- Prepare 2 Green chillies
- Make ready 1 tsp Ginger Garlic paste
- Make ready 2 Big Tomatoes finely chopped
- Take 1 tsp Crushed Pepper
- Get 2 tsp Coriander powder
- Prepare As needed Salt
- Take 1 tsp Red chilli powder
- Make ready leaves To garnish Coriander
- Get 1 tsp Turmeric powder
- Make ready 1 tsp Cumin powder
Cover and cook till the Chettinad Dry Pepper Chicken is fully cooked and all water is evaporated. Once done, check the salt and spices and adjust accordingly. Hot, spicy, flavourful Chettinad Dry Pepper Chicken is ready to be served. Chettinad chicken curry is a very popular recipe from the southern part of India and it very well deserves all the love & care it gets for its unique deliciousness.
Instructions to make Chettinad pepper chicken curry:
- Heat oil in wide pan. Add mustard seeds, cumin, cardamom, clove and cinnamon.
Once mustard crackled completely add chopped onion, bit salt and saute it.
- Now add turmeric powder, ginger garlic paste, curry leaves, green chilli. Saute this for couple of minutes.
Add finely chopped tomatoes, red chilli powder, coriander powder, cumin powder and mix it. Close with lid and cook it for 5 minutes in medium flame.
- Now add chicken to the pan and mix well. Cover with lid and cook in medium heat until chicken done completely.
I use only country chicken so it takes bit more time to cook and it won't oozes extra water. So, I added 1/2 cup of water to cook the chicken.
- If you use store bought chicken it oozes more water by itself so you don't want to add any extra water to the chicken to cook.
When the chicken is almost done, add crushed pepper and saute it. Open the lid and cook for another 5 minutes in medium flame.
Garnish with coriander leaves and serve hot with rice or roti. #mycookbook
Chettinad chicken curry is very different from the classic chicken curry and once you try this South-Indian delicacy, you will simply fall in love with it. Chettinad pepper chicken masala: a spicy and delicious chicken recipe from Chettinad in South India. The fiery meat dishes in Chettinad are world-famous and this pepper chicken masala truly lives up to the Chettinad chicken recipes fame. Chicken Chettinad or Chettinad chicken is a classic Indian recipe, from the cuisine of Chettinad. It consists of chicken marinated in yogurt, turmeric and a paste of red chillies, kalpasi, coconut, poppy seeds, coriander seeds, cumin seeds, fennel seeds, black pepper, ground nuts, onions, garlic and gingelly oil.
So that is going to wrap it up with this exceptional food chettinad pepper chicken curry recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I am confident that you can make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to save this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!