Hey everyone, it is Louise, welcome to our recipe page. Today, we’re going to make a distinctive dish, strawberry rhubarb coffee cake. One of my favorites. This time, I am going to make it a bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
Strawberry Rhubarb Coffee Cake is one of the most well liked of current trending meals on earth. It is simple, it’s fast, it tastes yummy. It’s enjoyed by millions daily. Strawberry Rhubarb Coffee Cake is something that I have loved my whole life. They are fine and they look fantastic.
To get started with this recipe, we must prepare a few ingredients. You can have strawberry rhubarb coffee cake using 21 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Strawberry Rhubarb Coffee Cake:
- Get Filling:
- Make ready 3 Cups Rhubarb, sliced into quarter inch discs
- Make ready 2 Cups Strawberries, diced
- Take 1/2 Cup Sugar
- Prepare 1/3 Cup Cornstarch
- Get 2 TBSP. Cold Water
- Make ready Crumb Topping:
- Get 1 1/3 Cups Brown Sugar
- Make ready 1/4 Cup Flour
- Make ready 1 tsp. Cinnamon
- Get 4 TBSP. Cold Butter, cut into pieces
- Get Batter:
- Take 3/4 Cup Cold Butter, cut into pieces
- Make ready 1 1/2 Cups Sugar
- Prepare 4 Eggs
- Get 2 tsp. Vanilla
- Get 1 1/2 tsp. Baking Powder
- Get 1 1/2 tsp. Baking Soda
- Prepare 1/2 tsp. Salt
- Prepare 3 Cups Flour
- Take 1 1/2 Cups Sour Cream
Steps to make Strawberry Rhubarb Coffee Cake:
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9x13 pan with butter or a non-stick spray, set aside.
- Filling: In a medium sauce pan over medium heat, combine rhubarb, strawberries, sugar, cornstarch, and water. Stir frequently until the cornstarch begins to thicken but the rhubarb is still fairly firm, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Crumb topping: In a large bowl, combine brown sugar, flour, and cinnamon. Using a pastry blender, cut the butter into the mixture until it resembles course sand. Use your hands to squeeze handfuls of topping together, creating some larger clumps,then set aside.
- Cake batter: In a bowl of a stand mixer, beat the cold butter until smooth and creamy. Slowly add the sugar while continuing to beat at medium speed, until light and fluffy. Add eggs one at a time, scraping the bowl and beating well between each addition. Mix in vanilla.
- In separate bowl, whisk together the baking soda, baking powder, salt, and flour, then add the flour mixture to the batter 1 cup at a time, alternating with 1/2 of the sour cream between each addition and mixing on low speed just until everything is combined. Be careful not to over mix.
- Spread half of the cake batter into the bottom of the prepared pan, using a spatula to make an even layer right to the edges of the pan. Top with the strawberry rhubarb filling, gently spreading that to the edges as well. Dollop the remaining cake batter over the top of the filling, using a knife or spatula to gently spread it to the edges.
- Evenly sprinkle the crumb topping over the batter, squeezing handfuls of topping again to make sure there are at least some larger chunks of topping.
- Bake 50-60 minutes until a knife inserted into the center comes out clean. Cool completely.
So that’s going to wrap it up with this exceptional food strawberry rhubarb coffee cake recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I am confident that you can make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page on your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!