Hello everybody, it is Jim, welcome to our recipe site. Today, I will show you a way to prepare a distinctive dish, dendeng balado (indonesian beef jerky with chilli). It is one of my favorites. This time, I will make it a little bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
Dendeng Balado (Indonesian Beef Jerky with Chilli) is one of the most popular of recent trending meals on earth. It is easy, it is fast, it tastes yummy. It’s appreciated by millions every day. They are nice and they look wonderful. Dendeng Balado (Indonesian Beef Jerky with Chilli) is something which I’ve loved my entire life.
Chicken Duck Ayam Bebek Beef Pork Sapi Babi Fish Shrimp Udang Egg Tofu Telur Tahu Rice Pasta Potato Nasi Mi Kentang Soup Sayur Cake Kue. In Indonesian & English (the English version is below the recipe written in Indonesian). Hari ini mama medina mau bagi resep bikin dendeng balado.
To begin with this recipe, we must first prepare a few components. You can cook dendeng balado (indonesian beef jerky with chilli) using 25 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Dendeng Balado (Indonesian Beef Jerky with Chilli):
- Prepare For the beef
- Make ready 500 gr beef
- Prepare 6 pcs garlic
- Make ready 10 pcs shallots
- Make ready 3-4 star anise
- Take 1/2 tbs nutmeg power
- Make ready 1/2 tbs pepper
- Get 1/4 tbs coriander powder
- Take 1 tbs salt
- Prepare Pinch sugar
- Make ready 3 bay leaves
- Take 2 slices galangal
- Take 300 ml water to boil
- Make ready For the Chilli Sauce
- Take 100 gr red chilli
- Prepare 1 tomato
- Take 5 pcs garlic
- Take 8 pcs shallots
- Take 3 lemon leaves
- Make ready 1 lemongrass
- Get 1/2 cm ginger
- Prepare Salt & pepper
- Get Pinch sugar
- Get Oil to saute
- Take 50 ml water
Balado is versatile hot spicy sauce of Padang Food. We can cook it with eggplants or beef or prawns or eggs (boiled or fried). Thin slices of Indonesian beef jerky piled with green sambal is absolutely one of the easy yet delicious beef recipe you should try. The mention of dendeng just makes me drool shamelessly.
Steps to make Dendeng Balado (Indonesian Beef Jerky with Chilli):
- Slice the beef into thin slices, keep it aside. Then grind other ingredients mentioned above for the beef until it becomes a paste
- Cook the beef along with the paste and water until the water is thickened / completely dried out, set it aside to cool down
- Once the beef is cool, fry them for about 5-10 mins until the colour becomes dark brown
- Smash all the ingredients to make the chilli sauce except the lemongrass & lemon leaves using mortar & pestle, if you wish to use grinded, do not grind them too long, it shouldn't be finely chopped
- Saute the chilli paste with a little oil and cook it until the smell comes and all the texture becomes softened
- Remove the sauce from the stove and pour it onto the beef that you have arranged on the plate
- Serve it with steamed rice
There are so many different kind of dendeng in Indonesia and this dendeng batokok is one of my favorites. Great recipe for Pineapple cookies (Kue Nastar). I'm sharing my mom's secret recipe! Nastar is one of many famous cookies in Indonesia, commonly found during festive season or any special occasions #MyCookBook. Dendeng Balado (Indonesian Beef Jerky with Chilli).
So that’s going to wrap it up for this exceptional food dendeng balado (indonesian beef jerky with chilli) recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I am sure you can make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page on your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!