Hey everyone, I hope you’re having an incredible day today. Today, we’re going to prepare a distinctive dish, vegetarian thai green curry. One of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I’m gonna make it a little bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Vegetarian Thai green curry is one of the most popular of current trending foods on earth. It’s appreciated by millions every day. It’s simple, it’s quick, it tastes delicious. They’re nice and they look fantastic. Vegetarian Thai green curry is something which I’ve loved my entire life.
To get started with this particular recipe, we must prepare a few components. You can cook vegetarian thai green curry using 12 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Vegetarian Thai green curry:
- Take 1-2 tbsp green curry paste
- Make ready 400 ml tin coconut milk
- Make ready 3-4 kaffir lime leaves (tear in half and take the middle wooden bit off)
- Get 2-3 tbsp Thai fish sauce or soy sauce (vegan)
- Make ready 1-2 tbsp palm sugar (brown sugar)
- Take 1-2 handful basil leaves
- Make ready 1 tin bamboo shoots
- Make ready 1 aubergine (chopped into bite size)
- Make ready 1-2 big red chilli (thinly slices)
- Take 1 block tofu (optional)
- Make ready Seasonal vegetables of your choice - it can be brussel sprouts, sweetheart cabbage, green beans, carrots. All chopped into bite size
- Make ready To serve - Thai jasmine rice or with rice noodles
Instructions to make Vegetarian Thai green curry:
- Heat a couple tbsps of coconut milk in a saucepan over a meduim-high heat until coconut milk starts to bubbly. Add the green curry paste and stir fry for 1-2 minutes, or until fragrant.
- Add another 2-3 tbsp of coconut milk, fish sauce (or soy sauce) and sugar and stir well then reduce the heat until the mixture is simmering. Add your vegetables start with hard vegetable first ie. carrots, cabbage, brussel sprouts, green bean and bamboo shoots.
- Add some more coconut milk and continue to simmer for 8-10 minutes until you see gorgeous green oil separated from the coconut milk a little bit.
- Add the rest of the coconut milk in. I normally add some water about half of tin coconut into the saucepan too. Taste your sauce, it should be salty, sweet, nutty and spicy.
- Stir occasionally then add some basil leaves at the last minute and stir well.
- To serve, spoon your jasmine rice into four serving bowls, then ladle over the vegetarian Thai green curry.
So that is going to wrap this up for this exceptional food vegetarian thai green curry recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I am confident you can make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!